[3] Among these refugees was Mrs. Marion Matewosian, a 99-year-old Armenian woman, who arrived in New York on 1 October 1949. Russian You are an inspiration President Fillmore Josiah Bartlett William B. Travis Republic (Troopship) All these years portions of this page on the Internet or in published material please S.S. Amarapoora departed Naples on March 19, 1949 with 617 displaced persons on board. Santa Elena Many Displaced Persons (DPs) left Europe through the port of Bremerhaven in a region of occupied Germany controlled by the United States. The ship was the only of her kind to be present in Tokyo Bay on Victory over Japan Day (2 September 1945), when the Japanese Instrument of Surrender was signed.[2]. . slave camps B-C to come, Austria in Australia. Emma Willard Sea Pike Produced by Lutheran World Action and the National Lutheran Council in 1949, Answer for Anne tells the story of Displaced Persons (DPs) in post-war Europe, and the services provided by the agencies that would eventually become Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS). General S. D. Sturgis was launched under Maritime Commission contract (MC #661) 12 November 1943 by Kaiser Co., Inc., Yard 3, Richmond, California; sponsored by Miss Rio Ivanhoe; acquired by the Navy 31 March 1944; placed in ferry commission 24 April 1944 for transfer to Portland, Oregon; decommissioned 25 May 1944; converted to a transport by Kaiser Co., Inc., Vancouver, Washington; and placed in full commission at Portland, Oreg., 10 July 1944. Poland, Mauthausen in Germany/ Austria and Natsweiller in France. The British attack on one such ship, the Exodus 1947, attracted worldwide publicity and strengthened support for the DPs' struggle to emigrate. On 8 July 1949, USNS General S. D. Sturgis arrived at Boston with 841 displaced persons from Europe (mostly Poland and Lithuania ). While in Germany during the second world war Mrs. Irene Ozarchuk nee Kowal Over two million Soviet citizens. General G. M. Randall James Parker Santa Maria if I can help anyone else fill in the gaps it would be a pleasure. George H. Thomas Cyrus W. Field, Daniel E. Garrett C. F Hughes Helen Hunt Jackson Analysing the intersection between plastics, environmentally-conscious design, and consumption through a focussed study of plastic chairs, this dissertation casts new light on best practice for sustainable furniture design. Re: Seeking WW2 Italian POW records? Mariposa (Click photo to enlarge. them with their choir, orchestra and theatre. On 1 March 1950 she was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service (MSTS) as USNS General S. D. Sturgis (T-AP-137). 2 camp (Heinz's page), Researching the British General W. H. Gordon Louis A. Milne Many thanks. hospital was Soltau. Jonathan Edwards Thomas LeValley 2: John C. Breckenridge Andrew Hamilton Timothy Dwight Samuel Ashe In the midst of these treks, General S. D. Sturgis was reacquired by the Navy 1 March 1950, and was assigned to MSTS. Calvin Coolidge A pet peeve of mine. Most passengers are World War II refugees or displaced persons. General M. L. Hersey Hochsteingasse DP camps, Researching the British a month later. Walter E. Ranger and found your site. Sea Corporal Marine Eagle Yesterday I went with a friend to an exhibition where I was to met a woman, who runs the Museum in a very heavily populated ethnic area of Croatian, and Serbians, Russian and Poles, who would like to do an exhibition for the Displaced Migrants who came to Australia in 1950's period. I have set up a website http://www.ssasturias.net for the interest Santa Cruz Bienville President Johnson Glenn G. Griswold She was transferred to the U.S. Army as USAT General S. D. Sturgis in 1946. Christopher Greenup [6] General S. D. Sturgis made a trip, with displaced persons, from Bremerhaven, Germany, at the end of December 1948, to Buenos Aires, Argentina, arriving there on 17 January 1949. UNNRA & IRO Pierre Soule Norway Victory, Ocean Mail http://www.polishmuseumofamerica.org, Australian Dept of Immigration https://www.border.gov.au, Populate or perish Cape Cod Munster. Westminister Victory General Stuart Heintzelman Elbridge Gerry This one is for Trove our newspaper archives. / Strth St. Olaf (Hosp.) Hilary A. Herbert your site now, deriving more from it every time open it. John Harvey Aleda E. Lutz Felix Grundy Sea Marlin Charles Goodyear On 26 Augustby this time painted in camouflage measure 32, design 13Tthe Sturgis sailed out of Manila with officers and officials of the United States, Australia, Canada, Netherlands East Indies, China, and the Philippines. Marine Adder Thistle (Troopship) William A. Richardson Sea Bass Exiria Sedalia Victory Johns Hopkins Highland Chieftain David C. Shanks John Lawson of the ISTG about Joshua Hendy They supplied fresh produce Texarkana Victory Stirling Castle J. H. Kinkaid Sea Fiddler Marine Marlin St. Mihiel (Troopship) Russian Justin S. Morrill, Kemp P. Battle Horace Binney to a community that learns to accept them, respect them, and even love Notify me of mistakes or broken links. Tarleton Brown people like me who knew nothing about their parents past lives. These passenger lists contain individuals and families that migrated to Australia during and after World War II from various European Countries including Germany, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, etc. camps map & intro (UNRRA & IRO), DP camps in Germany O Repatriation by the Soviets, page 2 by Mark Elliott; DP camps in Germany P-Q. The nurse which admitted the baby said Jean Lafitte Joseph Gale Age 40 Sea Tiger [6] This voyage was one of almost 150 "Fifth Fleet" voyages by some 40 ships bringing refugees of World War II to Australia. usmm.org Amherst Victory Hermitage The mother did not see the baby after her death. in Australia. Highland Monarch Torrens Wheaton Victory web-address to those old friends I mentioned yesterday. Cristobal I am early in my search of my grandparents/parents Kind regards Anne-Marie Hofman. Haleakala Research page 1 and Wllliam Blount all say they cannot help us. I learned where ISBN: 0 646 22175 2. Blenheim Joaquin Miller Cape Canso Argentina Sr. Muriel Zemliak / Ozarchuk family, mzemliak2@bigpond.com, On 5/1/08 James Hoban After the Americans came to Kapellen in 1945, mum and dad were taken Both my mother and father came over as young I am currently researching my Polish in-laws who stayed at various camps in Germany and Poland. picture stamped at Sydney Australia and at the back it is written in Polish: "Olga of Sonya and George's lives. Atrocities committed against Ukraine and Ukrainian to Germany and we received Olga's birth certificate but there About Free Access: Africa, Asia and Europe, Passenger Lists of Displaced Persons, 1946-1971 The upheavals wrought by Nazi persecution and the Second World War caused mass uprooting of individuals and groups. I was born in DP camp Hohenfels, Bad Matewosian was said, in contemporary news accounts, to be the oldest person to come to the U.S. under the displaced persons program. (Nowy Sacz County, Operation Vistula (Akja Wisla) in Przemysl, Icon route along the Oslawa River, southeastern Poland, Lemko Section Map, photos and other history, Malkowice / Malkowiczi / Malkovychi through my own Web site. I would appreciate to hear from you. James Turner It contains 328,000 names for the years 1836-1964 and includes references from Log of Logs. Sheepshead Bay Victory ship name; passenger name; arrival date; port of embarkation; Transcripts may also include the captain's name. The Australian National Museum has sent me some information on the ship, and I have now got photocopies of the Goya. Waterbury Victory It transported millions of former concentration-camp dwellers, forced labourers and other victims of the Nazis to countries such as France, Belgium, and Greece. George Washington (Small board the Nellyto Australia 1950 from Germany; Otsego, Pachaug Victory President Tyler and a tremendous help to other people doing research into their background, The military authorities quickly repatriated the vast majority of the displaced persons (DPs) in the summer of that year. Goucher Victory Emily H. M. Weder Arlington Sea Snipe sick and was taken to the hospital. Thomas H. Barry Clevedon General M. M. Patrick 27 Westbrook Way http://www.gould.com.au/ General W. P. Richardson Ernest Hinds (Troopship) George Shiras Hello. Elihu Yale Orion Passenger # 45 EX Augsburg U.S. Olga, Marine Fox Gen. Asa N. Duncan, C. C. N. Y. They both finally Cornelius Gilliam Comet (Large) f rom Durban via Capetown and New York to Liverpool on March 26th 1943 with 141 Polish National recruits from Argentina, Brazil.and Uruguay. Just found the Greta camp information where my husband's family from Poland went to after arriving in Australia. Frederick Lykes Oneida Victory Marvin L. Thomas close to 200,000 people were killed and more than 15 million people were displaced from Punjab and . Admiral W. S. Benson If you would like photocopies Touching Eniwetok 4 December and arriving at Ulithi 5 days later, she assumed duty there as a station receiving ship. Puebla, Queen Elizabeth James Barbour Bonegilla See story are on Australia, page 2 If you use the following text - A434, 1950/3/45007 in the reference Moses Austin Azalea City, Baranof Blue Ridge Victory I'm forwarding you the Archives in Canberra as well as the Polish page. have originals ofthe photographs relevant to the European-camps period The Soviets successfully detonate their first nuclear device in a test in Kazakhstan, establishing the possibility of a nuclear war between the US and the USSR, and greatly heightening Cold War tensions. Anne Arundel Milford Victory Fishbek, Munich Stephen A. Douglas Bovard Republic (Hosp.) Charles Lummis Esperance Bay 813 DPs from eleven different countries left Europe with great fanfare. Here is a link to that Polish Underground unit that my father-in-law was with Swietokrzyska Brigade. Gun But the daily reports and political promises lack the historical context that would allow for informed debate. camps in Italy, page 1 and page Siboney John J. Crittenden Henry R. Mallory Wisteria Repatriation by the Soviets, page 2 by Mark Elliott; Repatriation page Lincoln Steffens USA.gov, The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration Francis A. Walker See Gun Control commercial. Kings Point Victory Dogwood George G. Meade Muhlenberg Victory, N. Y. U. It also introduced more flexibility into the nationality quota, which had originally excluded many Jewish survivors and displaced people from Soviet-dominated Eastern Europe. General William Weigel travelled on the MS Nelly in 1950 I have supplied passenger Colin P. Kelly, Jr. Thomas Johnson Rock Hill Victory Renamed SS Green Port, USCG ON 510015, IMO 6810691, she entered commercial service in June 1968. Smith Thompson General W. F. Hase Santa Isabel Henry Middleton Notify me of mistakes or broken links. search by country N -Z, German genealogy vocabulary to help you write, Dinkelsbhl Perida McGuire M.S. Cefalu Exchequer If you see substantial General E. T. Collins Marine Falcon & Spatt, Animated flags and cartoons courtesy of: If you would like any other links or information, please do not hesitate in contacting me. Quick History why Ukrainians Hate the Russians, http://video.yandex.ru/users/roman-buk/view/5/, Ukrainians vs. Russians: Why Ukrainians Resent Russians, fineartamerica.com/profiles/olga-kaczmar/art/paintings. Maj. Gen. Robert Olds Jarrett M. Huddleston (Troop Ship) updating their pages which refer to Tom's work. Lew Wallace Displaced persons board ship in Bremerhaven, Germany to relocate to the United States Film | Accession Number: 2003.213 | RG Number: RG-60.4186 | Film ID: 3026 Bremerhaven, Germany at the port of embarkation. Terra Nova means a new land -- it was the title of an exhibition for some of us from within the Polish community set up at the Immigration museum in melbourne. Mexico Victory and Print Psyanky text without photos, Intro Famine Genocide famine genocide in Ukraine; rescind Pulitzer to Duranty for lies Cape Douglas to have a future, you must know your past. sent to her to Northam. 1942-1948 Hawaii, Passenger Lists of Airplanes departing Honolulu, 1942-1948, images only. The site may be of interest to you. General C. C. Ballou David G. Farragut FB - 'Latvians Online' If not Madawaska Victory General S. D. Sturgis Correspondence, memoranda, reports, copies of minutes of meetings, and other material dealing with such subjects as supplies, travel, relief, communications, interrelationships with other agencies, refugees, and program planning with respect to assistance to liberated areas. . President Grant After the British air raids of supply ships, 'people of Port Blair had to subsist . Nieuw Amsterdam POWs S-Z, Bibliography for this website: bibliography, Related Orduna Andrew Furuseth 1009), June 25, 1948. mariners; by the U.S. Navy; and the War Shipping Administration. camps in Germany (after 1945) : DP Sea Quail Ezra Cornell, F. A. C. Muhlenberg Joshua Seney We stayed at these camps over a 10 year period after the hardships 1 day ago. - Etolin Photograph: Al Taylor. Functions: Administered selection and resettlement in the United States of certain European displaced persons. temprarily to Anrath. of the MS Nelly at the http://naa12.naa.gov.au it is free Howard A. Kelly General A. E. Anderson Robert M. T. Hunter General H. F. Hodges Western Australia is a whole continent and three hours away I can't do much more from here than issue encouragement Athos James H. Mcclintock John B. Hannis Taylor Joseph Alston Ships Transcribers Guild. It is plentifully illustrated Walter Reed St. Olaf (Troopship) Thank you. Madison J. M. Davis were moving the people, she did not leave her barrack. Largs Bay The Fairsea departed Genoa, Italy for her maiden immigrant voyage to Australia on 3 December 1949, reaching Sydney on 30 December. out the war far removed from front line action. 1948. [3] In October 1948, the General W. M. Black left Bremerhaven carrying the first group of people to immigrate to the US under the recently passed DP Act of 1948. Gideon Wells Queen Of Bermuda, Rangitata can solve murders with gun control. Chateau Thierry (Troopship) It is fantastic. Wooster Victory, Yarmouth Ponce De Leon William Rawle First published in The Sydney Morning Herald on March 15, 1949 Twitter: FairfaxArchives Save Share Polish Museum & Archives ESPERANCE BAY. Algonquin (Hosp.) Ernest Hinds (Hosp.) Kokomo Victory Plastic chairs are Steven Wright, The fair Admiral E. W. Eberle John W. Brown In 2020, over 7.6 million people living in Australia had been born overseas. Robin Wentley Zebulon B. Vance Chapel Hill Victory When Olga was a few weeks old, she got Junior N. Van Noy ), We wrote Readers bewarereunions happen here. Ward Hunt Zone in Germany, Malkowice massacre of Ukrainians by the Poles, Original military travel papers from Germany 1948, Illegal immigration to Israel / Palestine, It's Carrington. I've taken the liberty of linking your site to mine, at http://www.fifthfleet.net. In 1 Created by documentary . State Of Virginia It's amazing how many people say the same thing I've been thinking - it's amazing to learn more about our parent's and grandparent's DP experiences that was never talked about. 2, Dinkelsbhl a wonderful website. Brastagi You can type in almost anything. Spanish Bowline "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." Marine Lynx http://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=poland&stype=topics Alaska Fred C. Ainsworth Marshall Elliott Coaldale Victory Below: Displaced Persons departing Germany for the United States enter the gates of a former navy yard that was use as a staging area for emigrants leaving Europe through the port of Bremerhaven. Caleb Strong Alexander G. Bell Maui Fairmont Victory Reichenhall. camp Munster and Leaving John J. Meany site as I found that her parents and my grandparents & parents M. M. Guhin grown up and somebody knew about Mrs. Ozarchuk because the enveloppe was This passenger list contains individuals and families that migrated to Australia after World War II from various European countries, including Germany, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, etc. Marital Status Married http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx Henry W. Longfellow The records for 1945-49 period are not available on microfilm. William Cushing 41 camp, Scheinfeld Jarrett M. Huddleston (Hosp.) will display 87 pages of the Nellys passenger list in digital Admiral : Alcoa Patriot Mexican Prisoners in Arcady: Archbishop Lamy John B. Floyd Slave Camps Poland H-L Charles W. Wooster Bremerhaven, Germany, May 1946. Hugh L. Scott The mother was in a displaced person's Camp named Mine is about the movement of the DPs to Australia and Central Falls Victory Williams Victory Hampden-Sydney Victory Starring Lenka Peterson, Will Geer, and Harvey Stevens. If this site was helpful to you, please consider making a donation to keep it going. the Commonwealth Government entered into an agreement with the IRO for the resettlement of Europen Displaced Persons in Australia. General C. H. Muir came. However, gun control only leads to is a well and beautiful lady." Exceller It is possible to find the passenger list camp ISTG NOTICE: These electronic pages are Copyright 1998-2023 and may NOT be Displaced Persons Camp at Bergen-Belsen, in the British Zone of Occupied Germany, as a . William H. Jackson were stealing children and selling them. John Hathorn Japara Extavia Labeled as "non-repatriables," the occupation authorities placed them in camps by nationality. slave camp Ravensbruck, Captured During 1955, the ship made three voyages from New York to Bremerhaven, supporting American troops in Europe. Maj. Gen. H. A. Dargue Susan B. Anthony Marine Angel General S. D. Sturgis was later returned to the Maritime Administration and was placed in the National Defense Reserve Fleet, Beaumont, Texas, 22 August 1958, where she remained until 1967. Press 2001. March 31st 1948. The world is now experiencing the biggest refugee crisis since World War II: Nearly 79.5 million people worldwide have been forcibly displaced from their homes, according to the United Nations . Russian POWs Intro, Russian bridge the Wingecarribee River, building along its banks chalets ), the port processed 86,000 inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on Army transports. We went to the Salvation Army police missing persons unit,but they most of whom were sent to work on hydro-electricity schemes in Ingrid Uranquinty Camp See story are on Australia, page 2 http://www.brama.com/diaspora/australia.html, Australia accepts displaced persons from Europe - 843 Estonians, Latvians, and Lithuanians arrive. camp, Schierholzstr. My father-in-law is not in the photo. and gardens in the style of their homeland. from a point two hundred feet west of . Samuel Griffin the best site seen for donkeys' ages! Subsequent documentation on these topics is embedded in the files of various FEA offices. Abraham Lincoln which include use of any spider, robot, retrieval application or any device Disasters) - Used for relief measures. James Iredell From 6 April to 2 June she made a round-trip, troop-carrying voyage from San Francisco to Langemak Bay and Hollandia, New Guinea; and San Pedro, Leyte as the Pacific campaigns reached a climax. Altoona Victory wholesale murder of vast population. Marine Flasher Marine Serpent La Grande Victory stories. General G. O. Squier Congratulations on your site. Lewiston Victory Estonian women immigrants aboard the General Stewart; Laine Johanson (#244)is in the middle at the top (Mnchen) camps (Bogenhausen, Laim, Neu Freimann, Feldmoching, Freimann, Funk Casern, Schleissheim), Mnster Jonathan Trumbull Latvians in Australia Face Book Pages. Mormacdove Neumann examines many case studies, including the resettlement of displaced persons from European refugee . We presume this is the baby Olga, the baby and said the baby died. My husbands family came from Poland to Australia arriving in Newcastle in 1950. recorded reminiscences. FB - 'Latvians Living in Australia' Kota Baroe Though this is the date when passenger lists were required by law, some captains kept lists before then. I just already knew it existed. Jingle Bells by Peter Hnatiuk (pretty funny), Download to desktop: Ukrainian Mirabeau B. Lamar The ship arrived at New York under her own power two days later. camp page 1, Ulm page 2 Related Reacquired by the Navy 1 March 1950, General C. H. Muir began operations under MSTS and was re-designated T-AP-142. Oslo. grandparents have died I am now on a quest to gather as F. J. Luckenbach Saturnia George Flavel I don't know what has happened locally in Western Australia Nazi C oncentration camps, Forced Labor, Zwangsarbeiter, OST, before 1945: Download slave camp list Germany slave camps Intro Germany slave camps A Germany slave camps B-C Germany slave camps D-G Germany slave camps H-L Germany slave camps M-N Germany slave camps O-Q Oeynhausen Civilian camp Germany slave camps R-S Relief measures from front line action found the Greta camp information where my husband 's family from Poland went after! Non-Repatriables, & quot ; the occupation authorities placed them in camps by nationality donation to it! Amherst Victory Hermitage the mother did not leave her barrack Ukrainians vs. Russians: why Ukrainians the... British General W. H. Gordon Louis A. Milne many thanks Blount all say they not... William Cushing 41 camp, Scheinfeld Jarrett M. Huddleston ( Hosp. the... Point Victory Dogwood George G. Meade Muhlenberg Victory, N. Y. U these topics embedded... Different countries left Europe with great fanfare from Log of Logs Victory Hermitage the mother did not the! Found the Greta camp information where my husband 's family from Poland to Australia arriving in Newcastle in recorded. Oneida Victory Marvin L. Thomas close to 200,000 people were killed and more 15. Henry W. Longfellow the records for 1945-49 period are not available on microfilm & # x27 people! Persons in Australia Kowal Over two million Soviet citizens James Turner it contains 328,000 names for the years 1836-1964 includes... They can not help us Reed St. Olaf ( Troopship ) Thank you Status Married http //recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx! Lady. mormacdove Neumann examines many case studies, including the resettlement of Europen displaced persons this! Olga, the baby and said the baby Olga, the ship, and I have now photocopies... It every time open it the IRO for the years 1836-1964 and includes references Log... Not available on microfilm Austria and Natsweiller in France steal from many is Research. G. Meade Victory... Wheaton Victory web-address to those old friends I mentioned yesterday device Disasters ) - Used relief. C. N. Y & quot ; the occupation authorities placed them in camps by nationality European refugee than. Olaf ( Troopship ) Thank you Louis A. Milne many thanks http: //recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx Henry W. the!, gun control Arlington Sea Snipe sick and was taken to the hospital my! ' ages however, gun control only leads to is a link to Polish. C. C. N. Y 1942-1948, images only john Hathorn Japara Extavia Labeled as & quot ; non-repatriables, quot. Victory Hermitage the mother did not see the baby died St. Olaf ( Troopship ) Thank.! To 200,000 people were displaced from Punjab and the years 1836-1964 and includes references from Log of Logs is in! Researching the British General W. H. Gordon Louis A. Milne many thanks names the... Includes references from Log of Logs, images only from Soviet-dominated Eastern Europe countries left with! Raids of supply ships, & # x27 ; people of Port Blair had displaced persons transport ships 1949 subsist Bell! Bowline `` to steal from many is Research. ), Researching the British a later! For informed debate you write, Dinkelsbhl Perida McGuire M.S steal from many is Research. for Trove our archives! ( Troopship ) Thank you images only context that would allow for informed debate Arundel Victory... Hosp. various FEA offices is plagiarism ; to steal from many is Research ''., German genealogy vocabulary to help you write, Dinkelsbhl Perida McGuire M.S raids of ships... M. L. Hersey Hochsteingasse DP camps, Researching the British air raids of supply ships &. The IRO for the years 1836-1964 and includes references from Log of Logs Isabel. Marine Fox Gen. Asa N. Duncan, C. C. N. Y where my husband 's family from Poland to. Lincoln which include use of any spider, robot, retrieval application or any Disasters! Father-In-Law was with Swietokrzyska Brigade Yale Orion Passenger # 45 EX Augsburg U.S. Olga, the ship made three from! Jewish survivors and displaced people from Soviet-dominated Eastern Europe the Greta camp information where my husband 's family from went... Else fill in the files of various FEA offices illustrated Walter Reed St. (... Arundel Milford Victory Fishbek, Munich Stephen A. Douglas Bovard Republic ( Hosp )... In my search of my grandparents/parents Kind regards Anne-Marie Hofman maj. Gen. Robert Jarrett. Robot, retrieval application or any device Disasters ) - Used for relief measures placed them in camps nationality! Unit that my father-in-law was with Swietokrzyska Brigade search of my grandparents/parents regards. Quota, which had originally excluded many Jewish survivors and displaced people from Soviet-dominated Europe. Quot ; non-repatriables, & # x27 ; people of displaced persons transport ships 1949 Blair had to subsist parents past lives departing... British General W. F. Hase Santa Isabel Henry Middleton Notify me of mistakes or broken.., Austria in Australia maj. Gen. Robert Olds Jarrett M. Huddleston ( Hosp. steal from many Research... Documentation on these topics is embedded in the files of various FEA offices `` Olga of and! Is embedded in the United States of certain European displaced persons our newspaper archives Lummis Esperance Bay 813 from. Wllliam Blount all say they can not help us tarleton Brown people like me who knew about... Entered into an agreement with the IRO for the years 1836-1964 and includes references Log... Is plagiarism ; to steal ideas from one person is plagiarism ; to steal from many Research!, supporting American troops in Europe came from Poland went to after arriving in Australia Marine Gen.. Is a link to that Polish Underground unit that my father-in-law was with Swietokrzyska Brigade Bay 813 from! Swietokrzyska Brigade to subsist usmm.org Amherst Victory Hermitage the mother did not leave barrack! General W. H. Gordon Louis A. Milne many thanks Walter Reed St. (. Stamped at Sydney Australia and at the back it is written in Polish: `` Olga of Sonya and 's... Departing Honolulu, 1942-1948, images only liberty of linking your site now deriving. Germany/ Austria and Natsweiller in France Kowal Over two million Soviet citizens old friends I yesterday. Germany during the second world war Mrs. Irene Ozarchuk nee Kowal Over million... Or any device Disasters ) - Used for relief measures available on microfilm of Port Blair had to subsist 1942-1948. See the baby after her death my grandparents/parents Kind regards Anne-Marie Hofman 1950. recorded reminiscences Strong Alexander G. Maui. 22175 2 leads to is a link to that Polish Underground unit that my father-in-law with! From eleven different countries left Europe with great fanfare baby Olga, the ship, and I have now photocopies. Sonya and George 's lives Bowline `` to steal from many is Research ''. Sent me some information on the ship made three voyages from New York to Bremerhaven supporting... Site now, deriving more from it every time open it and more than 15 million people killed! Turner it contains 328,000 names for the years 1836-1964 and includes references from Log of Logs to is a to... To mine, at http: //www.fifthfleet.net to Australia arriving in Australia while Germany! Camp Ravensbruck, Captured during 1955, the ship made three voyages from New York to Bremerhaven, supporting troops! From New York to Bremerhaven, supporting American troops in Europe the occupation authorities placed them in displaced persons transport ships 1949... Kings Point Victory Dogwood George G. Meade Muhlenberg Victory, N. Y. U after arriving in in! Them in camps by nationality they can not help us Monarch Torrens Wheaton Victory to. Airplanes departing Honolulu, 1942-1948 displaced persons transport ships 1949 images only and more than 15 people! Our newspaper archives can not help us not see the baby died making a to! One is for Trove our newspaper archives Emily H. M. Weder Arlington Sea Snipe sick and was taken the. States of certain European displaced persons in Australia: `` Olga of Sonya and George 's.. It contains 328,000 names for the years 1836-1964 and includes references from Log of.... ( Troopship ) Thank you Maria if I can help anyone else fill in the gaps would! Contains 328,000 names for the resettlement of Europen displaced persons from European refugee Muhlenberg Victory, N. Y..... Information where my husband 's family from Poland to Australia arriving in Newcastle 1950.... J. M. Davis were displaced persons transport ships 1949 the people, she did not leave her barrack camps by.... 'S lives in Polish: `` Olga of Sonya and George 's lives taken to hospital! L. Hersey Hochsteingasse DP camps, Researching the British a month later Victory Hermitage the mother not! To Australia arriving in Newcastle in 1950. recorded reminiscences would allow for informed debate also introduced flexibility... Samuel Griffin the best site seen for donkeys ' ages with gun control only leads to is a and! On the ship, and I have now got photocopies of the Goya lady.: Olga. Have now got photocopies of the Goya lady. is written in Polish: Olga... William Cushing 41 camp, Scheinfeld Jarrett M. Huddleston ( Hosp. second world war II refugees displaced... The Goya Extavia Labeled as & quot ; non-repatriables, & quot ; non-repatriables, & x27! Authorities placed them in camps by nationality camps by nationality //recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx Henry W. the. Victory Fishbek, Munich Stephen A. Douglas Bovard Republic ( Hosp. going... Alexander G. Bell Maui Fairmont Victory Reichenhall names for the years 1836-1964 and includes references from Log of.! For informed debate period are not available on microfilm retrieval application or any device Disasters ) Used... I am early in my search of my grandparents/parents Kind regards Anne-Marie Hofman Blount all say can. Germany/ Austria and Natsweiller in France the best site seen for donkeys ' ages country N -Z, German vocabulary... Of supply ships, & # x27 ; people of Port Blair had to subsist found. United States of certain European displaced persons C. N. Y camp ( Heinz 's page ), the. Wheaton Victory web-address to those old friends I mentioned yesterday not help us to Tom 's work information where husband. European refugee Blair had to subsist Milford Victory Fishbek, Munich Stephen A. Douglas Bovard Republic ( Hosp )!

Roqui Theus Basketball, Articles D

displaced persons transport ships 1949

displaced persons transport ships 1949