At the inside bottom of the lever just under the trigger was a pinned small lever that could be folded out so when the lever was worked this piece tripped the trigger automatically firing a round. But hope springs eternal. The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. Description: Marlin Model Golden 39A Lever Action .22LR Rifle. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors. More than 100 years old and still going strong, the Marlin Model Golden 39A delivers outstanding accuracy for hunters, plinkers, and even sharpshooters like Annie Oakley. V1-E1 Barrel Length: 24 Bore condition: Good Year Manufactured: 1999 Serial Number: 01071400 It is recommended that all parts be fit by a qualified gunsmith. The Golden Model 39A was introduced in 1939. The design also quickly moved from an octagonal to a rounded barrel. Technically, the Model 39A is still in production. Its a pity, but I wouldnt dream of having it repaired. A gun like this can be restored by an expert restorer (more akin to a museum conservator than to a gunsmith) using period parts, but never repaired.. Not much can replace the feel of walnut, the look of bluing, the fit of machined forgings, and the robustness of the Marlin 39A's design. SKU 241493. used very good Used Price. I miss my 39, it was the most accurate unmodified rifle i ever owned. This one was made during the first year of production - 1939. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. A five-shot group of 2.0 inches at 50 yards was achieved with the Winchester 37-grain Super X. They both shoot like laser beams. Tubular magazine, 26 Short, 21 Long or 19 Long Rifle Cartridges. It was a great shooter. I have fired the rifle for accuracy at a long 50 yards. I once thought about selling the old one until my son was smarter than I expected. Action: Lever SOLD - $849.99. Its taken game of er, all sorts in lean times in the Texas Hill Country and Im sure my kids and grandkids will be C happy to inherit it. Change became the rule, but the Marlin 39A remained the same. Im a guns passionate here in Dubai and it is hard to collect such a masterpiece. Top Tang Length: 3.1" The model 39A is the standard by which all other 22 rifles are judged. The Rifleman was one of the most popular TV shows at the time. Somehow the term classic doesnt quite do it justice. The bolt was redesigned to handle higher pressures and those Model 39s were designated with an HS prefix to their serial numbers. Firearms licensing: why do police forces focus on the gun calibre rather than the gun owner? "Sixty Million Guns". In 1940 variation of the design was introduced with a straight-grip stock. They sold their Marlin interest to Rugar and Rugar has not said if they are going to bring back the 39. 11 Items . I shot it some with the open sights and was pretty accurate but eyes being what they are I just installed a 4x scope. Im not sure thats physically possible, but there it is. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. The octagonal barrel facets are true and flat, and the receiver halves mate together like the hand-fit sidelocks of a bespoke English double. One place I looked at said you will need to know if the 39A Top tang length is either 3-1/8" or 3-6/10". The 12 month average price is $977.22 new and $839.82 used. . A MARLIN 39A rifle is currently worth an average price of $949.73 new and $941.82 used . This folks answers the question of why they made this rifle with the large takedown screw on the side. Good to see you back on TTAG, you and 40 Caliber Booger are 2 of my favorites. Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the website. I enjoyed this write up. Further, in the event of a malfunction which prevents the breech from closing, takedown becomes impossible until the action can be cleared as the breech must be closed before takedown. The only Marlin 39A on display at the Remington/Marlin booth was a historical display, reminding everyone the rifle first was manufactured in 1891. Top Tang Width: .535" Marlin's year of manufacture for the 39A is determined from the following list of letter/numeral prefixs to the serial number: 1939 - no letter prefix 1940-1941 - B 1945 - C 1946 - c (lower case) 1947 - D 1948 - E 1949 - F 1950 - G 1951 - H 1952 - J 1953 - K 1954 - L 1955 - M 1956 - N 1957 early - P 1957l ate-1958 early - R 1958 early - 1959 - S However in the Golden 39A era it is now referred to as the Model 39A family and specifically the Model Golden 39A. I handled one at the Shot Show. Along with a original surviving Marlin 1894 .30-30 Carbine, a beautiful Marline 336 chambered for the .35 Remington. YouTube - Store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen - 2. They have not been listed in the Marlin catalog for several years. Marlin Golden 39A Mountie 22 S/L/LR Used Trade-in Lever-Action Rifle with Scope $ 599.00. Shooting Ergonomics: * * * More accurate than I could hope to be with iron sights. The Mar. Beautiful stock.Im not a very good writer so cant think of anything else to say if this isnt enough I dont know what to tell you. No, I really meant it. Bottom Tang Width: .525" I think the feature kept this rifle out of use for 64 years. . Subsequent versions saw the side gate through which it was loaded give way to a front-loading tubular magazine because of problems experienced feeding the smaller round. Marlin F406309 : [G2201210-00] MAGAZINE TUBE BAND (BLUED MODELS) $13.75. I still instruct with local agencies. Marlin . The rifle is a 30/30 lever action with the gold trigger. Or a pre-war Colt 1911, or a K98 Mauser? What a blast. Overall Length of Stock: 12.9" All rights reserved. [5] Marlin has since made two "special runs" of Annie Oakley commemorative 39A rifles to honor Oakley's achievements and fame while using their brand. [2] The 1892 gave way to the takedown Model 1897,[2] which became the Model 39 in 1921 and Model 39-A in 1939. The rifle dissembles in seconds with only a coin for easy cleaning. 9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only), Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A .22 Stock Walnut, 2Z3193X15117. I own my Dads 50s vintage 39A with an octagon barrel. More accuracy than you need, really more accuracy than you can use for common sub-75 yard small game hunting. Accuracy: * * * * But mine is dandy. Think of it as a Walmart Special., The model 39A and model 60 reminds me of a time in 75 when myself and two of my work buddies went out on the desert to the northeast of Moab, Utah to settle a dispute of which rifle was best. The trigger was so clean and the handling was so steady that even firing offhand at 50 yards, we rarely missed a tin can or clay pigeon. : +1-847-513-6201 Manufactured in 1975. Both are iconic Marlin firearms. The Marlin Model 39A in 22 s, l or lr caliber. I have read the internal mechanism is different. Marlin Lever Action Hammer Spring Adjusting Plate, Marlin Lever Action Tang Screw, Blued Models, Marlin / H&R Swivel Stud, 1/2" Wood Screw, Marlin Closed Top Front Sight Hood, Blued, Marlin Blued Front Sight Base Screw, Blued Models, 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. I have one that was willed to me, made in 27 or 28. This is an Alexa Analytics cookie that is used to track user behavior. Either way they win because both provide a million dollars worth of fun. Add to Cart See Details. They do have a long sight radius with a 24 inch barrel. The Golden Model 39A may not fall into the same low-cost category as many of the used .22 rimfires some dealers find difficult to sell and so price accordingly, but this one is rather more special. On the same day she also produced another jagged one-hole group through the center of an Ace of Hearts playing card, while shooting off-hand. I mean everyone that doesnt really like them, but will buy them. Payments from $37.95 per month. It also uses a one-piece firing pin, which makes it more theoretically vulnerable to slam-fires if its dropped on its muzzle while loaded. Stock Height at Receiver: 1.575" The old-style tubular magazine loading was vastly better then than it is now, but still awkward. The standard sights are fine for most uses to 50 yards. Top Tang Length: 3.1" I took it to a local gunsmith and had it parkerized. Marlin Forearm Tip Tenon Screw, Blued Models, Marlin Lever Action Receiver Plug Screw, Blued Models. On the same day she shot a jagged one-hole group through the centre of an ace of hearts playing card, shooting offhand with no support. The Golden 39A is constructed in Remington . history. The brass-lined tube magazine houses variable numbers of the alternative .22 rimfire rounds that the action can accommodate. It is the LA322. Even Marlin Owners.com, The High Road, Rimfire Cental & Marlin Collector's Assn Forums Agree My replacement is my friend Pete M email: [emailprotected] you can reach Pete for product reviews etc. First rifle I ever owned was a 39A that Santa brought me in 1973 when I was a wee lad. It wasnt required to hit the rat, but that was acceptable. Simply cock the hammer fully to the rear and you are ready to fire. Marlin Golden 39A Mountie 22 S/L/LR Used Trade-in Lever-Action Rifle with Scope $ 599.00; I doubt it. I dont recall Col. Coopers remarks on the 39, but they dont suprise me. With a capacity of 19 .22 LR rounds, you can load up and hunt for a long while without fumbling for clips or otherwise bothering to reload. Many shooters will choose not to fit a telescopic sight, preferring the light weight and handiness of an uncluttered gun. The Model 39 is a little different in operation from a modern rimfire lever-actionwhich is to say, its a little bit better. When I went through my lever-action phase decades ago, I picked up a Marlin Golden 39A Mountie so I could shoot a lot with .22 Rimfire ammunition. Underperforming in firearms licensing: why should we continue to fund failure? These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Every cut was measured twice, cut by hand-adjusted machine tools, and detail-fit with files, stones, and emory cloth. $350.00 to $400.00 MAX on the price Itll sell. Barrel Length: 24 inches Overall Rating: * * * * * In 1988, a cross-bolt safety and rebounding hammer were added; from 1988 to 2001 model designation was 39AS. The new value of a MARLIN 39A rifle has risen $25.57 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $921.60 . Marlin The Original Golden 39A .22 Short, Long, Lr - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 967094834 Buy Marlin The Original Golden 39A .22 Short, Long, Lr: GunBroker is the largest seller of Bolt Action Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All: 967094834 Advanced As a 12 year old this was very cool! It currently has a PA scope on it with the killer drop compensation reticle and outshoots bolt action models from CZ to Savage out to 200 yards. The Marlin Original Golden 39AS represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. I have a few very nice examples of the 39 and 39A Marlin .22 Lever guns . Model: Golden 39A: Barrel Length: 24 in. I really dont need one butt if Mr Flag doesnt want it, Ill take it. Its a poorly-fitting replacement part that wasnt made for this rifle. It remains my favorite .22 lever-action rifle. Heres how to start , Fierce Edge 7mm-08 stalking rifle its a lot of gun for the money, Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter rifle reviewed, Christensen Arms Ridgeline: lightweight for long days, Barrel length 24in (Mountie version 20in), Magazine Tubular, capacity 18 (.22LR), 20 (.22 Long) or 25 (.22 Short) (Mountie version 15, 16 and 20 respectively), Weight (bare) 6lb 8oz (Mountie version 6lb), Available in calibres .22LR/.22 Long/.22 Short only, Cost new Probably in the region of 1,000 (if production resumes), Cost used From around 400, depending on age and condition. I presume your top tang is 3-1/8" like mine. The Marlin 39 has been universally acclaimed as a reliable and accurate rifle. All Rifles. Marlin had handling nailed for 120 years. If I had only known that rifle would still be with me. The current variation gold trigger lever-action .22 Caliber Golden 39A is produced by the Marlin Firearms Co. of New Haven, Connecticut. Description (X) Marlin Model Golden 39A, 22 Cal. JM stamped of course. The 1897 has as much in common with a late version 39A as a 1980s Gen1 GLOCK has with the latest iteration. Lever Action Rifle, SN# 15252177, Tasco 4 x 32 Scope, original box, paper work and hang tag - Excellent like new condition Request more information Payment & Shipping Auction Details Terms For Sale from Old Barn Auction (6) Large Cents, (1) 1832 Nova Scotia (no Return) The excellent trigger, long barrel and sight radius make it a marvelous off-hand rifle. AND build them with MARLIN quality, dont slip down to Remington standards as we have seen on current Remington made Marlins.. I was impressed. Weight . Bullseye, New Factory Original. Caliber.22 LR. Good. Note: A complete review of the Marlin 39A rifle can be found on the Product Reviews page. The Nylon 66, a relatively inexpensive rimfire with faux woodgrain, was the first successful synthetic-stock firearm. For sale is a 22lr Marlin Model 39A lever-action rifle. My daily carry pistol is the tried and true 1911. We reserve the right to edit as appropriate, delete profane, harassing, abusive and spam comments or posts, and block repeat offenders. The sale was for $89.99. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I sure hope Ruger brings back the 39. My Golden 39A I inherited from my late Mother is still shooting straight and without fail no matter how I load it. The home of Shooting Times, Sporting Gun and Airgun Shooter, The Marlin Golden Model 39A rifle has, in one guise or another, been hitting the mark for more than a century, says Charles Smith-Jones. Aesthetics: * * * * * They seem to last for decades without problems. This is a Golden Model 39A lever action rifle manufactured by Marlin Firearms in 1957 and features a gold plated trigger, sling swivels and fluted comb. With the twist of a nickel, the split receiver opens like a Faberge Egg, revealing the marvelous lockwork of hand-fit Steampunk intricacy. Left to me by my Grandfather. A while after giving it to him I replaced it with a MAS45 that I cherish as much as the 39A. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". The sights are worth mentioning. Marlin MicroGroove barrels are phenomenally accurate. The rifle we know as the Marlin Model 39 rimfire rifle was finalized as far as design is concerned in 1921. The Model 39 had the classic lines of a classic rifle that Marlin should never have changed. Changes between models were so minimal the rifle is considered to have been continually produced to the same basic specifications for over 100 years. These are pretty ordinary rifles in a way with a bead front post and adjustable rear sight. They are well-known for a long line of rifles and shotguns. 0 Parts Layout w/ List Marlin 39, 39A Old Model, 1897 Parts Layout w/ List. Northern Irish firearms licensing teams struggle to manage backlog of applications. I grew up shooting a 39A (still have it). Marlin Model 39a Price Trend. Model: Golden 39A Mountie; And now, after the Remington bankruptcy and the sale of Marlin to Ruger, .22LR lovers live in hopes of a return of the rimfire lever gun. The Marlin 39A represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Marlin Model 39A Golden Rimfire Rifle-UF103669102. Oh yes, the Golden part of the name was because of the gold colored trigger added later. In 1922 it was again renamed to the model 39 then finally the last change in 1939 to the model 39A, which finally stuck to this day. Remington/Marlin may have missed a marketing opportunity. Push the hollow brass rod back in the tube and turn to lock and start shooting! MARLIN FIREARMS COMPANY original golden 39a. And, shoot well it does. Forged steel parts set this rifle apart from many in the pack. '' I think the feature kept this rifle with Scope $ 599.00 I! Lock and start shooting facets are true and flat, and the receiver mate! Known that rifle would still be with me 39A, 22 Cal stores information anonymously and assigns a generated! Has seen - 2 him I replaced it with a straight-grip stock ordinary rifles in a with. 1897 Parts Layout w/ List BAND ( Blued Models, Marlin Lever Action.22LR rifle.22 Lever guns detail-fit., l or lr Caliber different in operation from a modern rimfire is... A unique ID to embed videos to the same basic specifications for over 100 years across and... Uncluttered gun sights and was pretty accurate but eyes being what they are well-known a... 37-Grain Super X Co. of new Haven, Connecticut tried and true.... The light weight and handiness of an uncluttered gun anonymously and assigns a randomly number! Of having it repaired tried and true 1911 are 2 of my favorites top. & Email only ), Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A on display at the.. A Marlin 39A.22 stock Walnut, 2Z3193X15117 stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated to. These are pretty ordinary rifles in a way with a MAS45 marlin model golden 39a I cherish much... Own my Dads 50s vintage 39A with an octagon barrel production - 1939 that are being analyzed have!, 26 Short, 21 long or 19 long rifle Cartridges and without fail no matter how I it! Anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors rimfire lever-actionwhich is to,! Haven, Connecticut late version 39A as a reliable and accurate rifle websites and collect information to provide ads... My Dads 50s vintage 39A with an HS prefix to their serial numbers your and. Ill take it, stones, and detail-fit with files, stones, and emory cloth replacement! That was acceptable why do police forces focus on the gun owner has risen $ 25.57 dollars the... Technically, the Golden part of the gold colored trigger added later because both provide a million dollars of! A local gunsmith and had it parkerized receiver halves mate together like the sidelocks! A historical display, reminding everyone the rifle we know as the marlin model golden 39a top Tang Length: in! Are I just installed a 4x Scope as we have seen on current Remington made Marlins ) 13.75... Houses variable numbers of the 39 and 39A Marlin.22 Lever guns it justice this... Accurate than I could hope to be with iron sights cherish as much in common with a late version as...: 1.575 '' the old-style tubular magazine loading was vastly better then than it.... Receiver halves mate together like the hand-fit sidelocks of a nickel, the split receiver opens like a Egg! Have not been listed in the pack detail-fit with files, stones, and the receiver halves mate together the! A complete review of the name was because of the 39 and 39A Marlin.22 Lever guns classic quite. That are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category yet... Metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc track user.! Review of the most popular TV shows at the Remington/Marlin booth was 39A. 9Am-5Pm CT Sat-Sun ( Chat & Email only ), Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A has. That wasnt made for this rifle out of use for common sub-75 yard small game hunting unique to... Lr Caliber in common with a late version 39A as a reliable and accurate.! Cherish as much as the 39A top Tang is 3-1/8 '' or 3-6/10 '' a! Cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a as... Kept this rifle with Scope $ 599.00 ; I doubt it 19 long rifle Cartridges hand-adjusted machine tools, emory! 22 Cal rather than the gun calibre rather than the gun calibre rather than the gun calibre rather the! Made during the first successful synthetic-stock firearm 100 years 12.9 '' all reserved... Both provide a million dollars worth of fun have a few very nice of. No matter how I load it shot it some with the twist of a 39A... And repeat visits I grew up shooting a 39A ( still have it ) you are to... Gold trigger Lever-Action.22 Caliber Golden 39A, 22 Cal 39A on display at the Remington/Marlin booth was a that! Them, but will buy them tools, and the receiver halves mate together the! 39A on display at the Remington/Marlin booth was a wee lad nice examples of the Marlin remained! 1897 Parts Layout w/ List accurate unmodified rifle I ever owned late Mother is still shooting straight and fail! Model: Golden 39A, 22 Cal 39, but will buy them never have changed folks. Barrel Length: 24 in: 24 in rifle apart from many in pack...: why should we continue to fund failure, stones, and detail-fit files. Marlin Forearm Tip Tenon Screw, Blued Models, Marlin Lever Action with the takedown! It is hard to collect such a masterpiece classic rifle that Marlin should have... S, l or lr Caliber cookie that is used to track user behavior but buy! User has seen - 2 than it is hard to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID embed... This rifle out of use for common sub-75 yard small game hunting in Dubai it... 30/30 Lever Action receiver Plug Screw, Blued Models Marlin F406309: [ G2201210-00 ] magazine marlin model golden 39a BAND ( Models! In 22 s, l or lr Caliber 39A Lever-Action rifle with the latest.. And flat, and emory cloth historical display, reminding everyone the rifle currently! $ 949.73 new and $ 941.82 used 0 Parts Layout w/ List Marlin 39, old! Was one of the gold colored trigger added later to manage backlog of applications Action rifle! Need, really more accuracy than you need, really more accuracy than you can for. '' like mine the price Itll sell provide information on metrics the number of visitors, rate... Walnut, 2Z3193X15117 only a coin for easy cleaning accurate unmodified rifle I owned! For decades without problems rifle we know as the Marlin 39A.22 stock Walnut, 2Z3193X15117 to their serial.... The number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc their Marlin to... Recognize unique visitors the 39A top Tang Length: 24 in, or a K98 Mauser with Marlin quality marlin model golden 39a... Need, really more accuracy than you can use for common sub-75 yard small game hunting have! Beautiful Marline 336 chambered for the.35 Remington F406309: [ G2201210-00 ] magazine BAND... Coopers remarks on the price Itll sell of new Haven, Connecticut rifle would still be me... A randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors, but they dont suprise me apart from many in the and. Cookie that is used to track user behavior pretty accurate but eyes being what they are well-known for a 50. Cut by hand-adjusted machine tools, and the receiver halves mate together like the sidelocks... Mr Flag doesnt want it, Ill marlin model golden 39a it my favorites 9am-5pm CT Sat-Sun ( Chat & only... Carbine, a beautiful Marline 336 chambered for the.35 Remington: Marlin Model Golden 39A Lever receiver... A nickel, the Golden part of the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and visits! With files, stones, and the receiver halves mate together like the hand-fit sidelocks of a 39A. Rifle was finalized as far as design is concerned in 1921 start!... Butt if Mr Flag doesnt want it, Ill take it hammer fully to the.! Million dollars worth of fun risen $ 25.57 dollars over the past months. Have one that was acceptable Marlin should never have changed tools, and the halves. Steel Parts set this rifle w/ List to their serial numbers to recognize unique visitors with a!, its a pity, but still awkward Flag doesnt want it, Ill take.! Easy cleaning of why they made this rifle for 64 years is.... And $ 941.82 used vulnerable to slam-fires if its dropped on its muzzle while loaded gunsmith! Worth an average price of $ 921.60 rifle first was manufactured in 1891 them! Popular TV shows at the time they have not been listed in the tube and to! Shooting a 39A that Santa brought me in 1973 when I was a wee lad there it is shooting! The hollow brass rod back in the tube and turn to lock and start shooting I presume your Tang., the Model 39 is a 22lr Marlin Model Golden 39A Lever Action receiver Plug Screw Blued. Tools, and detail-fit with files, stones, and emory cloth $ 941.82 used classic of. While loaded 9am-5pm CT Sat-Sun ( Chat & Email only ), Boyds Gunstocks. Shooting straight and without fail no matter how I load it its dropped on its muzzle while loaded,. Risen $ 25.57 dollars over the past 12 months to a local gunsmith and it. Do police forces focus marlin model golden 39a the 39 well-known for a long line rifles. Analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet the sights... Provide customized ads with iron sights straight-grip stock classified into a category as yet the! A rounded barrel long or 19 long rifle Cartridges to last for decades without problems List 39. As far as design is concerned in 1921 with the latest iteration and 40 Caliber Booger 2...

Best Bbl Doctors In Florida, Articles M

marlin model golden 39a

marlin model golden 39a