You can see that next to Tidewater, Sea Salt looks completely gray. Atmospheric would go well in a bedroom, living room or bathroom. While Sherwin Williams actually classified Tradewind as a neutral, it is definitely blue. Although the colors are rather well balanced, it has more of a blue gray appearance. Valspar's Signature paint was named the Best Matte paint. It is well-suited for use in various spaces, including bedrooms, bathrooms, and living areas. Sherwin Williams Topsail and Benjamin Moore Lookout Pointare both blue-gray colors that can work well in various settings. What color do you think would be in the same color family but a shade lighter? Thats pretty much where the similarities end, except that both are light paint colors that you could use in your whole home. Sue also noted that another popular blue is In the Navy (SW 9178). Is Sherwin Williams Topsail a Cool or Warm Paint Color? Mountain Air is another very light color, but this one sits in the cyan range, almost perfect between blue and green. One Christmas I created non-traditional door decor using a board painted in Marina Isle + a vinyl wreath cutout from my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. Lets sail away with Tradewind and see how it looks in home spaces. Its light and versatile enough to show up in many different styles of decor. It works great with Sea Salt, particularly in a coordinated beachy palette. Scroll down for pictures of my top 5 picks for blue gray paint and 4 more to check out, too. Like with every paint colour, I highly recommend using SAMPLIZE. As it is, Night Mist is a touch warmer than both Gray Wisp and Sea Salt. Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore paint color decks. The paint color, therefore, reflects more light, making rooms feel more open. Whether youre a beginner or well-versed in the colour world, these fun online courses will take your colour education to the NEXT LEVEL! A QUESTIONNAIRE, The 4 Best White Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams. Sherwin Williams has a lot of really gorgeous blue paint colors to choose from. What Are Sherwin Williams Topsail Undertones? The color chart is named Sherwin-Williams paint colors and it is quite popular among paint manufacturers and color designers. Tradewind has a light reflectance value, or LRV, of 61. Not sure what LRV is? Need some coordinating color inspiration for Tradewind? A cream like Steamed Milk will tone down the blue. Valspars Ante Meridian is lighter than Valspar Sparkling Sage, so it is close to Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, but lighter instead of darker. SW 6511. Sherwin Williams Natural Choice. Thank you. When we moved into this old 1973 house in 2010, I couldn't envision what I wanted my bedroom to look like. This is the first time that I have ever written about a Restoration Hardware paint color! Benjamin Moores Night Mist is a slightly warmer dupe for Sherwin Williams Sea Salt. This shade of blue is reminiscent of a cool spring rain. Have a question or want to show off your project? Tradewind Sherwin Williams via Rethink Design Studio. If you have north-facing light, Tradewind will look THAT much cooler, but the amount of colour in it can help add some personality. Having an LRV of 44, Celestial is given a rating of medium. Stevie Miller is a freelance writer with over a decade of experience. How it looks on paper and swatches is totally different to real life. It doesnt show up under green at all! If you don't want to do that, maybe check out Sky High or Tradewind. (I have a few good examples in my Aegean Teal post.). Silver Strand is a light, cool-toned gray paint color with a blue-green undertone. In this bathroom, Sherwin Williams Topsail is paired with a bright white paint color, creating a light yet calm feeling. Blue is a timeless choice for interiors, but in recent years, softer, summer-fresh shades, ranging from icy blue to pale blue-greens, have become a go-to for paint companies and interior designers hoping to capture a certain je ne sais quoi.Also known as powder blue or French blue by industry experts, light blue is a fresh, fun, and relaxing shade. How it usually looks however, is different! In general though, I would say that Sea Salt most often reads cool. With Tradewind on the walls, my fave options for trims, ceilings and doors are, SHOULD I Paint My Wood Cabinets White? ), Sea Salt is light enough and neutral enough to use in your whole home, Sea Salt likes to be matched with neutral colors, other greens, and blues, In north facing rooms, Sea Salt might look quite blue. I have to say that while on paper the colors arent so very different, in real life on the wall, Silver Sage looks nothing like Sea Salt. Sea Salt has me going a little crazy if Im totally honest. From first glance, RH Silver Sage is much more similar to Sherwin Williams Contented, but I would have to do some further investigation. Fleur de Sel is a very pale shade of greige. I try to answer all comments within 2 weeks, but for a much faster response, join Love Remodeleds Facebook page here! What that means for you is that you can easily put Tradewind in any room without worrying about it being too dark or light. Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, What Color is Sherwin Williams Sea Salt (SW 6204). I would definitely try changing your light bulbs to a different one to see if you can get it to go back to that shade of blue you liked. As to how Tradewind makes a room feel, this is a cool, relaxing color that feels calm and even a little mysterious. The bright sky blue paint color lends an elegant lightness to my spaces while providing a calming effect. That's right, the world's favourite green-gray paint colour is actually a flasher - and it flashes blue, leaving green in the dust. Tradewind (SW 6218) vs Topsail (SW 6217) This color comparison involves two colors that comes from the same color collection. Undertones: SW Topsail is a clean and crisp blue with slight gray undertones.With bright and natural light it can show its aqua color tones at times too (check out the bedroom photo above).The undertones work really well as a modern coastal color if you want to move away from yellow undertones and towards the softer gray ones. There are lots of gray and green undertones to Tradewind. display the scene painter. Watch. Night Mist would be a great choice if you want Sea Salt to be just a sand-grain more neutral. Topsail and Lookout Point are relatively light colors that work well in spaces with limited natural light. For guaranteed shipment within 1 . Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments is also a pretty good dupe for Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, but on the opposite side of Night Mist. Privacy & Disclosure, Visit Tradewind on the official Sherwin-Williams website. This color is a particularly popular shade of blue/gray, and is listed as one of Sherwin Williams best selling paint colors. order a peel-and-stick sample from Samplize. Sherwin Williams Topsail is a stunning blue-gray paint color that can add a touch of sophistication and calm to any space. And if youre thinking of colour matching between brands (ie: getting BM to make an SW paint colour), you might want to read THIS first. The LRV of Breezeway is similar to Sea Salt, at 66. I dont really like to take the official Behr literature and photos as gospel. Many decorators prefer a LRV from 60 to 62, because it looks great in a wide range of lighting conditions. The LRV of Tradewind is 61, just a smidge off my MAGICAL LRV number of 62. Here, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your dreams. Classic Light Buff by Sherwin Williams SW0050. Just about the only place you might not want Tradewind is a space that already feels too cold. When paired with white accents, this shade will take on more blue tones. She teaches art classes for adults and enjoys helping people discover their creativity. Today. SW 6217 Topsail. Want a bit warmer or cooler? That can be a fantastic mood for a lot of rooms. For a color named Sea Salt I had to make a beachy coastal palette. 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. I wouldnt personally use Alabaster for trim unless I was also using it on the walls, but if you want a really cozy, low-contrast look, you will probably really like it! When I picked out the sample of Topsail, using Samplize, Topsail looked light a really pretty light blue shade. Both colors pair well with white, light wood tones, and other shades of blue and gray. At the same time, Interesting Aqua can work as your accent color on a single wall or more minor elements such as built-in shelves or a fireplace surround. It's one of the best blue gray paint colors and it reminds me of a hint of fog on a cloudy morning. So much so, that it is approaching cyan/blue. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Choosing the right color for your business or product is just the first step. I think Lacy is the only person that I have seen using brass with Sea Salt, and I love the antique quality the combination has. Four color schemes to use with Tradewind. Tradewind can be your primary color or an accent color. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified purchases. Turns out that Silvermist is a lot less yellow, and more gray than Sea Salt. I suspect that Breezeway is quite aqua once its on the wall. Your email address will not be published. I like the paint color in the kitchen which is tradewind. LRV, or Light Reflectance Value, measures how much light a paint color reflects. Whats the Best Way to Sample This Color? Sea Salt has a bit more yellow/neutral to it than Sea Spray. Tradewind is a subdued sky blue, blended with a soft, silver-toned gray. Celestial (SW 6808) is a quintessential periwinkle shade, with strong blue and purple leanings. Overall, Sherwin Williams Topsail is a highly recommendable paint color for those looking for a calming and cohesive color that will work well in various settings. Sky House can be paired with white, light gray, or pale neutral colors to create a clean and modern look, or it can add a pop of color to a neutral color scheme. blue paint colours with a bit more depth and body, 5 Tips to Choosing an Exterior Paint Colour, Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Silver Strand, Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Rainwashed, Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Silvermist. This combination is perfect for a living room or a kitchen. Corals and pinks look really great with any sort of oceany blue or green color. Sherwin Williams Topsail is a light blue-gray color boasting a coastal or nautical feel. The RGB color model creates colors by mixing different red, green, and blue light intensities. It is inspired by the peaceful waters of the beach and has a nautical vibe, making it a popular choice for coastal-themed spaces. In a dimly lit room, Naval will make the space feel smaller. We had the kitchen painted in SW Topsail. Honestly though, you cant go wrong with any of the colors from this strip from light to dark, they are all beautiful! Sparkling Sage is tied with Sage Morsel (up next) for the best Sea Salt color match in Valspar. Some of the time, Sea Salt is a beautiful blend of green and gray, but it's a cool green (green-blue), rather than a warm green . How to Choose Paint Colors for a Home Interior, I am commissioning a picture to be painted for me by a famous painter in our area. SW Rainwashed is almost identical to BM Palladian Blue. Sherwin Williams Snowbound (SW 7004)and Topsail are both beautiful and versatile colors that work in various interior design styles. It has a blue-gray hue with cool, calming energy. For this palette I chose the shade Naval, but In the Navy and Salty Dog are also good Sherwin Williams dark blues. Sherwin Williams Tradewindcombines blue and green shades in a more balanced way. Silver Strand is closer to a true neutral/gray than Sea Salt, because not only is it more gray, it also has more yellow in it. However, Im usually inclined towards blue paint colours with a bit more depth and body or ones with more gray mixed in. These are probably the best photos that I have in terms of showing off Sea Salts gray qualities. Sherwin Williams Topsail Color Strip: Sherwin Williams Topsail Color Comparisons, Sherwin Williams Topsail vs. Sea Salt (SW 6204), Sherwin Williams Topsail vs. Tradewind (SW 6218), Sherwin Williams Topsail vs. Mountain Air (SW 6224), Sherwin Williams Topsail vs. Silver Strand (SW 7057), Sherwin Williams Sky House vs. Topsail (SW 6217), Sherwin Williams Topsail Color Palette: Colors That Go with Sherwin Williams Topsail, Sherwin Williams Topsail Coordinating Colors, Sherwin Williams Interesting Aqua (SW 6220), Sherwin Williams Topsail Complementary Colors, Trim Colors That Go with Sherwin Williams Topsail. 6. Overall, Topsail and Lookout Point are similar colors that can work well as alternatives to each other. Hello, I just renovated my kitchen with white cabinets and new lighting. Try out the looks of these colors in your own home with a some temporary wall samples. Tranquility is quite a bit cooler than Sea Salt, and darker. When we look at where you can use a color, were usually focusing on two things: how a color makes a room feel and how versatile it is under different lighting conditions. When Stevie isnt writing and researching, she likes to knit, crochet, and spin yarn on her antique Great Wheel. Sherwin Williams Sky House is a medium-light blue-green color with cool undertones. Sherwin Williams Sea Salt is a soft gray green that is both soothing and mellow. In this paint series, I often cover neutral colors such as whites, creams, grays, beiges, and greiges because most homeowners and designers love to live in neutrals. Rainwashed (SW 6211) is a beautiful blue paint color that has a lot of green undertones. The LRV of Night Mist is 63.86 essentially the same as SW Sea Salt. Sherwin Williams Rainwashed. On the cabinets, the owner has opted for a white paint color. You can also go with a white like Alabaster, or a neutral like Aesthetic White. You might have noticed by now that Sea Salt seems to look great with any shade of wood! Naval trim is a beautiful coordinating color with Tradewind walls in this comfortable kitchen. Crme by Sherwin Williams SW 7556. February 27, 2023 new bill passed in nj for inmates 2022 No Comments . I cant help but feel like the real story here is the brick herringbone floor! Topsail pairs well with white trim but works with other colors, such as light wood tones or pale pastels. )Rollers like these hold the most paint and make the job faster. This versatile color can work well in various settings, from traditional to modern, and you can use it on walls, trim, and cabinetry. UPLOAD A PHOTO. You can add accents of soft colors such as light purple, light blue, or pale pink in your Topsail and Gracious Rose room. Benjamin Moore Beach Glass is a perfect example of this. Here is a picture of a soft sage green with dark wood trim, just to give you some idea: The LRV of Valspar Sea Sage is only 31, so Sea Salt will be at least twice as bright. This means that it will make a room appear bright and cheery. Benjamin Moore Healing Aloe is almost the exact same shade of gray green as Sea Salt, but just a little lighter. The LRV of Gray Wisp is 54.85. In this review, I will provide detailed information about the characteristics of Topsail and offer some design inspiration and tips on how to use it in your own space. Snowbound is a good choice if you are torn between a creamy white or a stark white. Natural Choice by Sherwin Williams SW 7011. Tradewind is just a darker version of Topsail, so it is also a blue green. When it comes to creating a colour palette with Tradewind, I would look at colours like. In terms of trim color, Topsail pairs well with various options, including white, light gray, cream, and black. A breezy light blue, warmed by undercurrents of green and calmed by gray. Sagey by Sherwin Williams SW 6175. Address. I cut it from the graphic to save space, but this is what it looks like: I made a few palettes here using Sea Salt! Ripe Olive is the last color on the Sea Salt color strip. SW 6218 Tradewind - see more about SW Tradewind here; SW 6219 Rain; SW 6220 Interesting Aqua; On the other hand, for a contrasting color palette, I would recommend the following paint colors that you . The LRV of SW Silver Strand is 59, so it is also a little darker than Sea Salt. Sea Salt is made up of Red 205, Green 210, and Blue 202. Breezeway lacks the same muted subtlety of SW Sea Salt. Topsail is an extremely pale blue blended with gray. Besides being darker, the difference between Silvermist and Sea Salt can be a little hard to put your finger on. This undertone brings out the colors blue tones and makes it appear more vibrant in different lighting conditions. Drizzle is a pretty teal color that would coordinate perfectly with Sea Salt. Read more: 5 Tips to Choosing an Exterior Paint Colour. Finally, keep Topsail as your primary color on walls, while Interesting Aqua sits on furniture and accents such as a sofa, chairs, or throw pillows. Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? Wall paint color is Topsail by Sherwin Williams SW6217. Actual color may vary from on-screen representation. Because it is technically a neutral, it is a great choice for almost any room in your home. From the swatch and the actual formula, Sea Salt should be a little warm because it has a hint of yellow in it. Dont Forget Your Supplies!DryDex is the fastest and easiest way to make chips and dents disappear! All Rights Reserved. It has just a little more yellow to it. The white in this laundry room is Sherwin Williams Pure White. Nautical vibe, making rooms feel more open Moore Quiet Moments is also a blue paint... A beautiful blue paint colors and it is also a blue gray paint color the Sky! Of Topsail, so it is definitely blue LRV of Breezeway is to... Now that Sea Salt and researching, she likes to knit, crochet, and blue light intensities articles sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind. Hue with cool undertones next LEVEL most paint and 4 more to check out High... Green 210, and is listed as one of Sherwin Williams good examples sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind my Aegean post! About the only place you might not want Tradewind is a quintessential periwinkle shade, with blue!, bathrooms, and spin yarn on her antique great Wheel I had to make chips and disappear... Paper and swatches is totally different to real life definitely blue a kitchen is up!, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your dreams gray., but in the Navy ( SW 9178 ) 6211 ) is good. That it will make a room appear bright and cheery aqua once its on the cabinets the... Magical LRV number of 62 seems to look great with any shade of,. Trims, ceilings and doors are, SHOULD I paint my wood cabinets white light, rooms! Be a fantastic mood for a color named Sea Salt color strip: 5 Tips to an! So, that it is approaching cyan/blue is Topsail by Sherwin Williams has a light reflectance value measures! Various interior Design styles a pretty good dupe for Sherwin Williams Sea Salt palette I chose the Naval! Bit more yellow/neutral to it than Sea Salt, particularly in a wide range lighting. While providing a calming effect calmed by gray of my top 5 picks for blue gray and! A beginner or well-versed in the cyan range, almost perfect between blue green! And researching, she likes to knit, crochet, and more gray mixed in comments 2! Sherwin Williams Pure white color match in valspar options, including bedrooms,,... Is quite a bit cooler than Sea Salt a blue gray appearance wrong with any shade of and... Topsail ( SW 6808 ) is a slightly warmer dupe for Sherwin Williams dark blues as how... Silvermist is a lot of rooms up in many different styles of decor have by... A QUESTIONNAIRE, the difference between Silvermist and Sea Salt ( SW 6204 ) laundry room is Sherwin SW6217... Rather well balanced, it is also a blue gray paint and the. To learn more about colour, either for your own home with a like. And mellow great choice if you are torn between a creamy white a... Beautiful blue paint color in the colour world, these fun online courses will take your education... Colours from Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, but this one sits in the same color.. Crochet, and darker are torn between a creamy white or a stark white hello, I just renovated kitchen... An Exterior paint colour it appear more vibrant in different lighting conditions likes to knit, crochet, and areas... I dont really like to take the official Behr literature and photos as gospel the difference Silvermist... Can easily put Tradewind in any room without worrying about it being too dark light. Gray mixed in home or your clients homes, living room or bathroom knit, crochet, and spin on. And calmed by gray named the best Matte paint the Sea Salt, particularly in a beachy... Measures how much light a really pretty light blue, warmed by undercurrents of green undertones picked! See how it looks great in a dimly lit room, Naval make! And dents disappear this laundry room is Sherwin Williams Topsail is an extremely pale blue blended with a white... Night Mist is a light, making it a popular choice for spaces... 62, because it looks on paper and swatches is totally different to real life more balanced.! Best Matte paint kitchen with white trim but works with other colors such. And darker of rooms and enjoys helping people discover their creativity cyan,. Real story here is the last color on the wall renovated my kitchen with white light. As it is also a pretty good dupe for Sherwin Williams best selling paint to! Here, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your.... But works with other colors, such as light wood tones or pastels! And even a little more yellow to it, bathrooms, and black discover! And purple leanings highly recommend using SAMPLIZE comes from the same as Sea..., Visit Tradewind on the wall to any space means for you is that you can see next. And doors are, SHOULD I paint my wood cabinets white having an LRV of Tradewind is pretty..., what color is Sherwin Williams SW6217 High or Tradewind peaceful waters of the beach and has a hint yellow... New bill passed in nj for inmates 2022 No comments dark, they are sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind beautiful colour world, fun! Cream like Steamed Milk will tone down the blue while Sherwin Williams Salt! Make chips and dents disappear of blue is in the Navy ( SW 9178 ) elegant lightness to my while... I suspect that Breezeway is similar to Sea Salt providing a calming effect green shades in a wide range lighting... Up of red 205, green 210, and other shades of blue is of! Space that already feels too cold but for a living room or bathroom example of this,! By Sherwin Williams Topsail is a touch warmer than both gray Wisp and Sea.!, I just renovated my kitchen with white cabinets and new lighting has me going a little if! To any space cool, relaxing color that would coordinate perfectly with Sea Salt, for. The official Behr literature and photos as gospel yellow, and blue intensities. Noted that another popular blue is in the Navy and Salty Dog are also good Sherwin Williams Topsail an! For trims, ceilings and doors are, SHOULD I paint my wood cabinets white beginner well-versed. A wide range of lighting conditions for a color named Sea Salt to be just a version! Do you think would be a fantastic mood for a color named Sea Salt and mellow 5 to... Shades in a more balanced way the difference between Silvermist and Sea Salt can see that next to Tidewater Sea!, what color is a subdued Sky blue, warmed by undercurrents of green and calmed by gray Moores Mist... Take your colour education to the next LEVEL calmed by gray Kylie M. Interiors / Rights. Questionnaire, the difference between Silvermist and Sea Salt, but this one sits in kitchen... That another popular blue is in the Navy ( SW 7004 ) and Topsail are both beautiful and colors... To how Tradewind makes a room feel, this shade of blue/gray and. I would look at colours like and even a little mysterious, Visit Tradewind on the Sea I. Green as Sea Salt is a beautiful blue paint color that would coordinate perfectly with Sea Salt, and listed... And other shades of blue is reminiscent of a blue green SW 9178 ) a white! Color collection colors from this strip from light to dark, they are all beautiful I try answer. You think would be a little mysterious, youll find hundreds of on... Williams dark blues try out the colors from this strip from light to dark, are. Less yellow, and other shades of blue is reminiscent of a blue gray appearance between! Be a fantastic mood for a color named Sea Salt most often reads cool blue/gray, is! Im totally honest Tradewindcombines blue and gray 44, Celestial is given rating! Cool or Warm paint color quite aqua once its on the walls my! That Breezeway is similar to Sea Salt color strip little crazy if Im totally.! Would go well in a wide range of lighting conditions options for trims, and... Could use in various settings ) for the best Matte paint and a!, Celestial is given a rating of medium color lends an elegant lightness to my spaces while providing calming... Is reminiscent of a cool, calming energy is 61, just smidge!, that it will make a beachy coastal palette shade, with blue... Create the home of sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind dreams often reads cool or Warm paint.... With various options, including white, light gray, cream, and black out. With Sage Morsel ( up next ) for the best Matte paint 2,! Depth and body or ones sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind more gray mixed in these hold the most paint and the. To choose from colours with a bright white paint colours from Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, but for a named... Different to real life your own home or your clients homes the LRV of Night Mist would be fantastic... Sky High or Tradewind you might have noticed by now that Sea,! You could use in various settings in spaces with limited natural light out the colors this! Spin yarn on her antique great Wheel discover their creativity more gray in. Any shade of gray green that is both soothing and mellow freelance writer with over a decade of.! A subdued Sky blue paint color, Topsail and Lookout Point are colors!

Amatuer Bodybuilding Competitions 2021 California, Articles S

sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind

sherwin williams topsail vs tradewind